Collections FrontEnd Vs BackEnd

My Planned App is alike a table. and as an excel user, I use independent and dependent data validations a lot.

So the question is…when I create a collection and I needed to be available at the FrontEnd to avoid data fetching from the BackEnd, is it doable?

does my question make any sense? :slight_smile:

and honestly, Great tool!
keep up the good work…

Hi @aboeleanin Looks like i am not able to understand your questions correctly. You want to pull data from somewhere to the collection and display it on the frontend? or something else?

And thanks for the kind words and appreciation. Means a lot to us :smiley:

We have a feature where you can pull data directly from the frontend/REST API and display it on the UI without storing anything at the backend/collection level. Not sure if you meant that?

In this case the collection is avalable only at the frontend to wrap the incoming data in a structured JSON and display it on the UI, thus using DrapCode only as a frontend platform, bypassing the backend/collections completely.

1 Like

Where can i find this Feature?

This feature is currently in testing/QA, will let you know once it is ready to use.

When is this feature coming live, we need this for our requirement.

1 Like

This feature is already live and available to use.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Is this available for few components (e.g. Data Table) or all the components, I was trying to call an external API to fetch and show data on a card but I couldn’t figure out a way to do it.

As of now this displaying the data is available for Data Table only.

Data group (cards) is under development and will be released in some time.

Okay, thanks for the quick response - truly appreciate that. Please let me know once we’ve external API connection available for all components as it is something we need to get some of the things done, we’ll wait.

Basically the way we build new features is on the basis of clients requirements and prioritise feature on the basis of paying customers.

Since most of the customers are using this feature in Data Table, hence we have’t built it for Data Group so far.

If you think you can migrate to the paid plan, then we can prioritise building this feature and it should take between 1-2 weeks to deliver it. Otherwise we will wait for this requirement to come from other customers and then will build it for all.