Entering data and saving in every cell within a Collection

Hi!

I haven’t found a way for me to make a change (or create a new record) inside each card (or individual record in the table), via a form or editable fields.

So, for example, I have a list / table of Orders on my page. I want to make a change to each order without having to open a separate Order page to do so (without having to follow a link to the Order update page) - so I can make changes directly in the table or in the collection list card. Below is a short video. where I move below the page to a nested Collection and there I can edit each collection entry without having to go to a separate page.

I’m trying to bind data output into collection cards (in a form), but I don’t know how to output existing data into the input fields. I haven’t found how to fill the input form with the current record data that is already in the table (to update)

Also haven’t found how to bind Rich Text Editor into the input form (is there even such a feature? Does it connect to the text area, or is there a separate element?)

And I can’t connect the value to the textarea in the collection cell. There is a connection option in the text input box, but I don’t see it here. In documentation I see this settings App Builder Form Component | DrapCode

Hi @alcompstudio

I will check and revert on this shortly with a tutorial/steps explaining as how this can be done.

Thanks.

Hi @alcompstudio,

You can achieve this by opening a Modal popup on click of each card/record and then edit/change the data there and close the modal popup.

This way you will not have to navigate to the new page for the edit/update flow.

Here is the tutorial of how to implenent the CRUD functionality on the same page using Modal

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, I know that you can use a modal popup to edit a record, but that’s akin to a separate page that appears in the modal popup. And my requirement is that it should be possible to edit directly in the Collection list. Because in some cases I would like to edit not the whole set of fields, but a separate field (so that I don’t have to call a separate modal popup for each field).

But thanks for the recommendation anyway!

1 Like

Hi @alcompstudio,

We have an event called Update collection Field, which you can use to update data one field at a time. Like changing the dropdown values, etc.

Othey way cuuld be through Inline editing of record, but that is something which is not available but is on the roadmap.

Thanks.

1 Like